St. Petersburg Catholic High School Announces Renewed Mission Statement, Strategic Plan 2018-2023
The five pillars of St. Petersburg Catholic High School’s new 5-year Strategic Plan 2018-2023 are: (1) re-envisioning curriculum; (2) enhancing formation of spirit, mind, and body; (3) increasing the school’s presence and impact locally and globally; (4) creating a long-range financial and advancement plan; and (5) developing a Campus Master Plan.
Initiatives to support the five strategic directions include an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (currently in candidacy phase), STREAM certification by the Florida Catholic Conference, program enhancements in engineering, health sciences, and visual and performing arts, a new retreat program for all students, a new Athletic Hall of Fame, and facility and security upgrades.
The five strategic directions are grounded in the school’s renewed Mission Statement:
St. Petersburg Catholic High School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school rooted in a firm foundation of Catholic faith, family, tradition, and excellence. As a diverse teaching and learning community, we are committed to forming young men and women in spirit, mind, and body for future leadership and compassionate service.
“Over the past year, our community has worked diligently to address the immediate needs of the school, while laying the groundwork for future generations of Barons,” Principal Ross Bubolz said. “Our revitalized Mission Statement more clearly defines our core purpose and embraces our Catholic identity that is rooted in Gospel values. Our Strategic Plan provides the framework to actualize our shared vision.”
The renewed Mission Statement and Strategic Plan are the result of a one-year self-study that included faculty, staff, students, parents, board members, and alumni.
Specifically, the five strategic directions aim to:
- Re-envision education at St. Petersburg Catholic High School by sustained attention to its curriculum and program of study, enhancing faculty quality and engagement, and fostering 21st century teaching and learning environment, with state-of-the-art technology and teaching resources.
- Enhance the school’s commitment to forming spirit, mind, and body to further St. Petersburg Catholic High School’s mission and strengthen its foundation of Catholic faith, family, tradition, and excellence.
- Increase the school’s presence and impact in the city of St. Petersburg and the entire Tampa Bay region, the state of Florida, and across the United States.
- Create a long-range financial and advancement plan that will seek to provide future financial stability for the school.
- Promote a 21st century learning environment by creating a Campus Master Plan that addresses current facilities needs and prospective opportunities for expansion and growth.
The new 5-year plan advances a trajectory set over the course of the past year, with enrollment growth, expanded academic tracks and programs, and major facility and security upgrades. Monsignor Robert Gibbons, Chair of the School Board at St. Petersburg Catholic High School, commented, “As part of the school's revitalization initiative, the School Board was reconstituted in 2017. The community leaders and dedicated alumni on the new Board bring to the table a wide variety of skills and expertise. They also have a deep love for the school and an understanding of the crucial importance of Catholic secondary education. They have been key participants in the development of the new mission statement and the strategic plan, and they are committed to its implementation.”
The school recently completed a multimillion-dollar revitalization project of its two main classroom buildings, Bishop Barry Hall and Notre Dame Hall, marking the first major renovation to the classrooms since they were built in 1957. The buildings, including twenty classrooms and eight departmental offices, reopened on the first day of school on Thursday, August 9, 2018.
To learn more about the St. Petersburg Catholic High School Strategic Plan, please click here.