The mission of the St. Petersburg Catholic’s Physical Education Department is to inspire all students develop the knowledge, skills, motivation and behaviors that will promote and reinforce a lifetime commitment to wellness through a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
1. Educate and motivate students to want to stay physically active and make healthy lifestyle choices throughout their lives.
2. Help students realize that regular physical activity will increase their energy level and productivity.
3. Provide safe, challenging and enjoyable activities that will allow students develop their sense of teamwork and cooperation.
4. Help students understand the value of fitness and sport to promote their physical and psychological well-being.
5. Give students the confidence to take control of many aspects of their lives.
6. Help students exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
7. Value fitness and sport for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.