Reunions involve a committee of class volunteers that organize activities and encourage reunion attendance. To help these volunteers, the Advancement Office has prepared a comprehensive reunion planning checklist. Use it to help organize your reunion committee, spread the word, and plan events.
STEP #1: Contact the Advancement Office
We are ready, willing, and able to help! Please contact us at 727-344-4065 and indicate on your Update Your Profile form your interest and willingness to help plan your reunion.
STEP #2: Recruit Classmates for the Committee
An active and engaged reunion committee is the key to a successful reunion. The more members you have, the easier it will be to invite classmates and reach your reunion attendance goals.
Expectations of Committee Members
- Work with the Advancement Office to develop and achieve reunion class attendance and participation goals.
- Leading by example is critical to the success of a reunion class gift. Demonstrate a personal commitment to St. Petersburg Catholic by making an early reunion gift.
- Make personal contacts with classmates via phone, email, or letter, inviting them to the reunion, gathering news/notes, and inviting them to make a reunion class gift.
- Inform the Advancement Office of classmates’ changes to biographical information (new addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, employment and family status).
- The Advancement Office will provide Reunion Committee members with updated information on classmates and support reunion communications efforts.
STEP #3: Schedule a Reunion Committee Kickoff Meeting
Once a reunion committees has been organized, schedule a kickoff meeting to discuss reunion participation and attendance goals and to develop a reunion timeline to help stay on track.
STEP #4: Develop a Communication Strategy
For many classmates, reunion may be the first time they have been back to the St. Petersburg Catholic campus in the last five years. The committee can help reengage classmates by updating the contact on record in the Advancement Office. Accurate contact information and ongoing communication keeps your class up to date on reunion events. Informed classmates are more likely to attend your reunion!
STEP #5: Have a Blast!
Becoming of your reunion leadership committee can be rewarding and memorable experience. Many committee members go on to join other leadership opportunities following reunion. They enjoy reconnecting with classmates and giving back to their alma mater!