Fine Arts / Performing Arts
St. Petersburg Catholic High School offers a comprehensive Fine Arts program accessible to all students regardless of experience or ability level. We offer a range of courses including introductory level, honors, and college level Advanced Placement courses. Our experienced and passionate faculty members provide guidance and expertise in art courses such as Drawing, Painting, Art2D/3D, Photography, Ceramics, Band, Vocal Ensemble, Theatre, Theatre Tech, and TV Production. Our rigorous and specialized courses prepare students for college readiness and a lifelong love of the arts.
- To develop a respect for the arts as an academic discipline that cultivates virtue and excellence
- To foster an understanding of art as an expression of human value, creativity, and authenticity
- To help students cultivate the capacity to produce, perform, and interpret art at a college level
- St. John Bosco Center for the Arts is a state-of-the-art facility housing a full functioning dark room, spacious ceramics studio, multiple art rooms, band and vocals room, as well as a top of the line theatre facility.
- Graduates of St. Petersburg Catholic High School have gained scholarships and acceptance to the following art colleges: Savannah College of Art & Design, Ringling College of Art & Design, The Art Institute of Chicago, Florida State University, The University of Tampa, Loyola University New Orleans, University of South Florida, and Florida Atlantic University.
- Our Performing Arts program boasts our award-winning International Thespian Society, which continues to earn Superior scores each year at the Florida State Thespians Festival. Troupe alumni include Broadway artists, Tony Award, and Emmy award winning actors and actresses.
- Recent theatre productions include: Shrek, Little Women, Little Shop of Horrors, and Bye Bye Birdie. Our performing arts students are also involved in many community performances and events such as Battle of the Bands and Vocal Ensemble performances.