1. Attend school regularly--attendance is a key factor to school success.
2. Keep up with your school work. If you fall behind, take immediate action to get help and caught up. Approach your teacher about receiving extra help and ask your counselor to help you manage your time effectively.
3. Familiarize yourself with the Student Handbook – including all policies, procedures, and rules. Follow the rules and respect your teachers and peers.
4. Keep your counselor informed of difficulties and concerns. It is important to keep scheduled meetings with your counselor.
5. Involve yourself in more than just school work – find an activity or sport that interests you and join it. This will give you the opportunity outside of the classroom to get to know your classmates and teachers better and to work as part of a team.
6. Participate in community service
7. Never settle for less than your best.
Parents / Guardians:
1. Be sure your son/daughter attends school regularly and on time. Make sure he/she gets enough sleep.
2. Carefully monitor your student's academic progress on Plus Portals. Be aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses.
3. Keep your student’s guidance counselor informed of any special concerns, circumstances, or anything going on at home that may impact his/her performance and/or behavior at school.
4. Check the school calendar on a regular basis. Remain informed about important dates and deadlines, including when progress reports and report cards are posted on Plus Portals.
5. Encourage your son/daughter to choose courses that are demanding, challenging and appropriate for his/her ability and interests.
6. Discuss post-high school planning with your son/daughter.
7. Please contact teachers or counselors whenever necessary