Community Service & Engagement
Student service and engagement at St. Petersburg Catholic is predicated upon the notion that students should be actively involved in BOTH their school community and external community. They should be formed as servant leaders within their school walls, finding ways to serve that go beyond involvement in student activities that are beneficial for college resumes. In addition, they should see and understand the need for charity and justice in the city of St. Petersburg through engagement with many of our local non-profits.
Students must meet the following requirements for service each year:
- 25 total hours
- A minimum of 5 INTERNAL service hours
- A minimum of 10 EXTERNAL service hours, to be completed independently
- Participate in the school-wide day of service (6 hours)
- The remaining number of hours can be completed internally (at school) or externally (at one of our partner locations)
All students are required to devote 5 hours of their time to helping with campus events, fundraisers, and school initiatives. This is to promote ALL students to be involved and share in the duties and responsibilities that go into making our school great. These opportunities are all AFTER school hours, so as not to disrupt the learning process and will be included in the 25 hour/year requirement needed for Bright Futures scholarships. Specific opportunities and event dates can be found under the “Students and Parents” navigation tab
Ronald McDonald House - St. Vincent De Paul - Keep Pinellas Beautiful - Morean Arts Center - DayStar - Police Athletic League - Feeding Tampa Bay - Pinellas HOPE
- Students will choose among St. Petersburg Catholic’s Community Partners to serve alongside teachers, staff members, and peers.
INDEPENDENT COMMUNITY SERVICE - 10 hours
- Students will serve at and of our partner locations (unless an alternative option is discussed with administration). We want students to become acquainted in the mission of the organization they are investing in, and see the need that that organization meets in our community. St. Pete Catholic has arranged intentional experiences at our partner locations and can more accurately ensure that student service is meaningful.