The Science Department at St Petersburg Catholic High School endeavors to awaken within our students a passion for and curiosity about the natural world. By creating student-centered, hands-on learning experiences, our teachers aim to effectively equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the sciences in college and beyond.
- To equip our students with the necessary tools to be effective critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- To enable our students to manipulate and analyze data in order to draw meaningful conclusions about patterns in nature.
- To develop and nurture our students’ natural curiosity about the world, encouraging them to ask meaningful questions and to passionately seek answers.
- To prepare our students for success in the sciences at both the university and professional level.
- AP offerings: AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics C: Mechanics
- Intro to the Medical Profession course taught by dozens of doctors throughout the Tampa Bay Area
- Engineering Program via Project Lead the Way
- Grade 9: Introduction to Engineering Design
- Grade 10: Principles of Engineering
- Grade 11: Aerospace Engineering
- Grade 12: Engineering Design and Development
- Electives: Anatomy and Physiology, Earth & Space Science, Environmental Science, Marine Biology
- Extracurricular Activities: Environmental Club, Robotics Club, Veterinary Club, Science National Honor Society
Dr. Stephanie Elder