“You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.”
High school is one of the most important times in a young person’s life. During these years they develop the foundation of faith that will ensure its practice as they journey into adulthood. As a result, we are intent on introducing each of our students to Christ through liturgy, the sacraments, annual retreats, meaningful service, and, of course, each other. Below you will find detailed descriptions of the many ways students have the opportunity to deepen their relationship with God during their four years of high school.
- Mass is celebrated as a school community and on holy days and every other week. Daily Mass is offered once a week after school in the Mary Magdalene Prasch Chapel. Parents are welcome to join at any and all school masses!
- Annual day-long retreats are offered by grade level for grades 9, 10, and 12. These are planned especially to converge with the theology curriculum for that year.
- Junior year students have the privilege of participating in a three day, two night retreat program known as Kairos. This transformative program offers students the opportunity to grow in intimacy with Christ and each other.
- Adoration is offered every first Friday of each month. Students are taken to the chapel during their religion classes for a period of prayer and reflection before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Seniors have the opportunity to take an honors religion course, Christian Leadership, in which they embark on their own personal journey to holiness, and then are sent out to the SPC community as ministers to their peers. They receive formation in leadership skills so that they may lead campus ministry prayer events and retreats. They also serve as peer leaders on the Kairos retreats.
- Please visit the Community Service & Engagement page to learn more about service opportunities, requirements, and non-profit partners.
- Mission trips are scheduled intermittently depending upon the safety and stability of potential locations.